I have moved the blog.....
That's why it's been a bit quiet here.
we've had the boat in the water.
A few problems:
jib no good-going back to classic jib until I can get a new high aspect.
Spin sock no good-basially fell apart due to me putting it together at 11pm the night before the launch-will fix.
c/Boards need hold downs-I knew that but didn't get round to doing it.
All in all it went well.
Next time in the water I will video and photograph.
I have moved to:
Under readers projects.
This site is a wiki and it would be great if any of you have the inclination to create pages.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
I have moved the blog.....
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sewing the jib.
Jib up. Not happy with the zipper pocket as it is screwing up the shape. going to remove it and redo.
The spinnaker snuffer. A kids toy cart, perfect shape. Just got toput a bit of ten mm aluminium tube to take the haliyard abrasion.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Apologies to anyone who may be a sign writer.
I have a real problem with paying $300 for a simple sign that just requires someone to hit print on the vinyl cutting machine.
I did it myself.
Pretty happy with the result.
Mask on hull.
Removing the mask.
No excuses when your brush has a name like this.
Still waiting on the taxi checker tape. Ordered it from the States and got absolutely massacered on the exchange rate.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Spent the weekend with he who can't be named doing all of those little crappy jobs that look like nothing but end up taking half a day.
Footstraps on, rudder pintles on, rudder foils sanded, CB's sanded, and more buffing.
And hey Joann, no I haven't bounced on it but I've found someone who has.
Also...Florin Isvoranu, how come when I go to your cat blog I can't get in???
Saturday, October 4, 2008
The trampoline is tensioned up and finished. (Broke one rivet gun on the 5mm monel rivets, second one lasted.)
The tramp is from Goodall sails (AHPC) and they were awesome. The guy who made it included a hand drawn diagram with the button spacing measurements and a couple of long distance phone calls just to check on what I wanted. Highly recommend them.
Above and below pics show underside of beams with attachment points.
Apart from that we've been doing plenty of buffing, fitting the centreboards, and a bit of tidying up on the mast.
Starting to get a shine up.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
So, after a long layup of being seriously distracted by other issues I'm back onto the boat.
I know I've probably been slack but....
The other day I was talking to a friend and he asked me how close was I to launching. I replied that I could probably do it in two weeks if I got stuck into it but that there is really no hurry. I have enough stuff going on in my life that is urgent or has deadlines. This is supposed to be fun, so that's why I am sometimes a little casual about progress.
Hulls assembled and doing final buffing.
Trampoline half fitted. (At least now I know it fits)