Friday, February 8, 2008

Just say no!

Beam boxes turned out great. That brown packing tape is a brilliant mould release,gives a beautiful finish. If, however, anyone tells you to stick it on aluminium say NO. I spent three hours today cleaning the adhesive residue off the beam with paint thinners and a plastic scourer.

Glued the top stringer in for the spinnaker subdeck. I have to use stringers rather than just glassing it in as I won't be able to reach underneath it when I install.

I was hoping to be able to set the rear beam this weekend but I don't think I'll make it. Probably just as well as the weather is meant to be wet.

I know there are a lot of people who depend on the rain for their livelyhood but this is just geting ridiculous. We had seven inches of rain in 24hrs the other day.

The drought was really good to me. Didn't have to mow the lawn, garage didn't flood, didn't have to wade through mud at work.

The way things are now (torrential rain interspersed with a bright sunny hot day) you can literally watch the grass grow.

Anyway, shoundn't complain.


No comments: