Monday, February 4, 2008

That's why I married her

My garage is too small to fit the Tornado in assembled so I’ve been doing this job outside.

(Fitting new beams http://yellowtaxi.blogspot.com/)

Trouble is all the rain.

So, half joking, I say to my wife “If you really wanted to impress me you wouldn’t mind if I set the Ts beam boxes in the living room”

Lisa says “Yeah, that’d be OK, no one goes up there much anyway.”

Shit!

I race up with the tape measure. The living room is 6m long. The Tornado comes in at 6.050 or thereabouts.

Anyway the next day I say “Guess I’d be pushing my luck if I knocked that wall down”

Lisa says “No, it’d be great having one big room up there”

Trouble is I’m all set up for a boat job not a house renovation.

Still it’s the thought that counts.

No comments: